LG Howard & Company Assistants are passionate about discovering the needs, educating, and exceeding the expectations of our guests. They work hand-in-hand with both service providers and Guest Service Advisors to create an excellent customer service experience, while driving sales to meet salon goals.
Assistants will report directly to the Salon Owner. In absence of Salon Owner, Guest Service Advisor will report to Salon Lead.
- Provide excellent service to guests upon their arrival, and throughout their time in the salon.
- Assist stylists with performing all LGH rituals including but not limited to the Aroma Journey, shampoo experience and hand and arm massages.
- Assist Guest Service advisors throughout day with front-of-house responsibilities.
- Assist stylist with performing services i.e. mixing color, ripping foils, applying glosses, blow-dries, photographing etc.
- Clean and organize throughout the salon incrementally throughout the day ensuring the salon is always looking its best.
- Ensure “on-time” service flow through effective utilization of the SalonBiz appointment book.
- Consistently perform Guest Service Cycle to ensure guests have excellent customer service experience from beginning to end.
- On-going awareness of guests and team members to ensure a smooth flowing day while keeping up on all daily duties.
- Ability to discover guests’ needs and recommend and educate on salon services and products to fit their needs, while achieving salon goals.
- Serve as a role model and resource to all team members regarding Aveda product knowledge.
- Educate and enroll guests in Aveda Plus Rewards program and relevant promotions.
- Educate guests on all LGH events and initiatives.
- Ensure the retail experience area is “guest-ready” always, which includes product replenishment, and cleaning as required.
- Ensure reception area is “guest-ready” always, which includes organized and stocked beverage bar, magazines are organized and up to date, general tidiness and cleaning as required.
- Participate in monthly inventory counts.
- Process weekly inventory adjustments and product orders.
- Present and reinforce professional appearance and attitude at all times in accordance with professionalism standards.
- Receive salon deliveries.
- Attend meetings as required.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Continued belief and alignment with LG Howard & Company’s Pillars of Success
- Current student or graduate of cosmetology school
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to attend and satisfactorily complete all continued education as required
- Ability to work retail hours including, weekends, evenings, holidays and special events as needed
- Satisfactory use of required phone apps, professional social media, and POS
Although this position is not a supervisory role, this individual is expected to behave in a professional manner at all times and may be called upon from time to time to mentor newer team members.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The team member must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.