LG Howard & Company Stylists are passionate about discovering the needs, educating, and exceeding the expectations of our guests. This is translated by delivering customized services for our guests including cutting, coloring, styling, extensions, facial waxing and other chemical services. Keeping up with trends in both hairdressing and in fashion is essential; as well as, continually growing both personally and professionally through continued education and self- study. It is the mission of ALL LG Howard & Company team members to be Day Makers to all we come into contact with, as well as, uphold both Aveda and LGH mission statements.
Stylist will report directly to the Salon Owner. In absence of Salon Owner, Stylist will report to Salon Lead.
- Provides hair, nail, and waxing services that are customized to guests and in alignment with the overall look the guest is seeking to achieve.
- Consistently performs 5 C Consultation and completes entire service cycle to ensure guests have an excellent experience from beginning to end.
- Ensure each guest receives Rituals of Renewal during every visit.
- Ensure “on-time” service delivery through effective utilization of time allocated for service and pre-booking with appropriate time needed.
- Provide hair and wellness expertise and excellent customer service to guests and promote retail products and tools for guest home care, while achieving established sales goals.
- Be in alliance and reinforce the professional image and professional attitude standards.
- Ensure salon station is “guest-ready” always, which includes proper sanitation of tools and cleaning.
- Contribute to the growth and productivity of the salon, and maintain current clientele while continuing to build.
- Ensure respectful use of professional inventory in accordance to recommended product usage guidelines and allotted product per service.
- Perform all necessary functions in the salon as requested, to keep entire team on schedule. (e.g. housekeeping)
- Set positive example for all new Stylists and other team members. Act in the role of mentor for new team members.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Continued belief and alignment with LG Howard & Company’s Pillars of Success
- Team member must hold and maintain a current cosmetology license in the state of Florida
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to attend and satisfactorily complete all continued education as required
- Ability to work retail hours including, weekends, evenings, holidays and special events as needed
- Satisfactory use of required phone apps, professional social media, and POS
Although this position is not a supervisory role, this individual is expected to behave in a professional manner at all times and may be called upon from time to time to mentor newer team members.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The team member must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.